“Far from the chaos of the city, the majestic energy of the mountain peaks inspires and invites you to soak in the peaceful serenity as you gaze at the stars and listen to the sound of silence”.
At 1,936m above sea level, Chandolin is one of the highest villages in Switzerland and an ideal location for all your favourite Alpine adventures. Athletes and nature lovers alike can enjoy the year-round sunshine and an array of outdoor activities. And with Chandolin’s magnificent, starry skies, the region’s beauty goes long into the night – which is why we’ve given star-themed names to the different rooms in our hotel.
So whether you're craving an adrenaline rush, or a peaceful getaway in the breathtaking beauty of the great outdoors, we know you'll find what you're looking for at the Chandolin Boutique Hotel.
In the heart of Valais Canton and only 30 minutes from Sierre, the hotel offers an unimpeded view of Switzerland's Rhône Valley and the "Imperial Crown" of five peaks over 4,000m: the Weisshorn, the Zinalrothorn, the Obergabelhorn, the Matterhorn and the Dent Blanche.
Chandolin has even attracted famous poets and historical figures, such as Swiss athlete and travel writer Ella Maillart, Swiss painter Edouard Ravel, and Ferdinand von Zeppelin who founded the Zeppelin airship company.
The Val d’Anniviers links five ski resorts: St. Luc, Chandolin, Zinal, Grimentz and Vercorin. While these were originally considered family resorts, you’ll now see national ski teams making their way down the slopes. Val d’Anniviers also proposes numerous activities in winter like the Zinal glacier visit, ice cascade climbing, paragliding, stargazing at François-Xavier Bagnoud Observatory
Wintertime fun in Chandolin:
- The ski region of St. Luc and Chandolin in the Val d’anniviers is large with over 65km of ski runs that reach an altitude of 3,000m. That means visitors can look forward to an extremely high number of sunshine hours and ideal snow conditions.
- Chandolin is a top choice for ski touring, snowshoeing and freeriding enthusiasts of all levels.
- Chandolin has a 3.5km-long sledge run for kids and adults alike.
Summertime fun in Chandolin:
- Hikers can climb to the top of the Illhorn (2,727m) or Bella Tola (3,025m) mountains.
- A wide range of paths through untouched nature will delight cyclists, mountain bikers and trail runners.
- Mountain lovers can visit the top of Moiry Dam for a panoramic view that will take your breath away. Or while you’re in the area, you can trek along the via ferratta, hike to a glacier, test your rock climbing skills or take a stroll through Alpine pastures.