Almost 2,000m above sea level in the heart of one of Europe’s highest villages, the Chandolin Boutique Hotel has embraced new sustainable technologies whilst still retaining the authentic charm of the Swiss Alps.
To reduce our carbon footprint, we carefully redesigned and renovated the hotel according to key environmental principles. We turned to renewable energies and now meet Switzerland’s Minergie standards for energy-efficient buildings.
As a result, the Chandolin Boutique Hotel is equipped with the latest energy-saving technology, including:
- Double-flow ventilation system with CO2 sensors, in common areas
- Single-flow ventilation system with humidity and occupancy sensors, in bedrooms
- Heat recovery ventilation system
- Wood pellet boiler
- Thermal solar panels, which heat around 30% of our water supply
- Low temperature under-floor heating, with radiators in the existing basement
- Thermostat in every room
- Heating system with electric actuator valves
- Energy-efficient LED lighting
- Pine bay windows with high-performance triple glazing
- External wall insulation with thermal breaks, in line with Minergie standards
- 100% recycled cedar shingles